Happy 7th Birthday to Altenew! This is the last and final day of the four day long celebration! We have an amazing list of sponsors and companies celebrating with the Altenew Team. Thanks so much to the legendary Jennifer McGuire for relaying you over to my blog. If you want to relive the amazing project ideas from the team of designers for this birthday celebration, head back over to the Altenew Card Blog or keep reading to find the complete blog list. Don’t miss the wonderful giveaway opportunities as well–more on that down below!
Thank You for Helping Altenew Celebrate!
In the above collage, I featured four of my favorite projects I made in the past year. All of them happen to be part of the Paint-a-Flower Subscription (ALT). I’m pretty biased, but I think Altenew makes the most beautiful floral stamp sets. I love using them in different ways and experimenting with different layouts. I feel so honored to have been a part of the design family since 2019 and I am excited to see what the future holds.
For this special occasion, I wanted to paint one of my most beloved house plants I own; the Gardenia jasminoides. Before she finished blooming for my climate, I was able to snag a photo of the flower and foliage. I referenced this photo while painting this simple arrangement using the Build-a-Flower: Gardenia.
I stamped the images in a beige water-soluble dye ink to act as the “illustration” portion of my botanical illustration inspired watercolor. I used the 36 Watercolor Pan Set to color the flower and leaves. Then I fussy cut the images using a craft knife.
I added background splatter in a parchment color mix and stamped my sentiment. Then finally I arranged the flowers directly in the center of my notecard front. I foam mounted some of the elements for a dimensional single flower bouquet.
Materials and Supplies
Watercolor 36 Pan Set
Watercolor Paper Pad 9X12
Artists’ Watercolor Brushes-Detailed
Enjoy FREE U.S. shipping with code HAPPY7TH or $5 OFF international shipping with code ANNIV21 at checkout. Offer valid from 4/8/2021 at 12:01 am EDT through 4/11/2021 at 11:59 pm EDT. Not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with other promo codes.
Over $1,400 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away a $70 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 15 lucky winners. There are also 19 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 $70 Altenew gift certificates
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: $100 Altenew gift certificate
- Gina K. Designs: $100 gift certificate
- My Sweet Petunia: $100 gift certificate
- Spellbinders Paper Arts: $100 gift certificate
- CiLi in Papers: €75 gift certificate
- Lawn Fawn: $75 gift certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 online class spots
- Altenew Academy: 15 online class spots
- Auzz Trinklets N Krafts: $50 gift certificate
- Concord & 9th: $50 gift certificate
- Hero Arts: $50 gift certificate
- My Little Attic: $50 gift certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 certificate
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Pinkfresh Studio: $50 gift certificate
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 gift certificate
- Waffle Flower: 1 prize bundle valued at $32
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 gift certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $25 gift certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2021 issue
Be sure to leave comments by 4/18/2021 for a chance to win one of 41 prizes! To make the hop more exciting, start your comment with “Hi from (city or country where you’re from)!” 41 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on 4/24/2021.
I really appreciate you stopping by and participating in this blog hop. If you like what you’ve seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@jaycee.gaspar) and/or subscribing to my blog and YouTube if you haven’t already.
Your Next Stop is the My Sweet Petunia Blog!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please help support my blog by using these links while shopping at no additional cost to you. For more information about the affiliate program, see my disclaimer here. Thank you!