This post may contain affiliate links. Please help support my blog by using these links while shopping at no additional cost to you. For more information about the affiliate program, see my disclaimer here. Thank you!
Hey everyone! It’s the 7th of the month, which means it’s time for the March 2022 Craft-a-Flower reveal (ALT)! I’m so excited to join Altenew for the brand new Craft-a-Flower: Sunburst Azalea Release (ALT) and Blog Hop! Thanks so much to Preeti Chandran for relaying you over to my blog.
If you want to relive the amazing project ideas from the team of designers for this release, head back over to the Altenew Card Blog or keep reading to find the complete blog list. Don’t miss the wonderful giveaway opportunities as well–more on that down below!
March 2022 Craft-a-Flower: Sunburst Azalea
Cherish your loved ones with the stunning Autumn Sunburst Azalea. This gorgeous layering die set features two azalea flowers and three leaves with embossed details. Add the florals to your handmade cards, layouts, and home décor projects.
Dimensional and Dynamic Layering Blooms
I modeled my Azaleas after the cultivar Autumn Sunburst® Encore Azalea. I wanted to preserve much of the white edge ruffles and coral pink splashes in this layering die cut flowers. I used a few mixed media techniques to give the illusion of velvet blooms.
Quick tip: I do not glue down each layer completely. I apply a strong enamel based glue to the center of the die cut and curl up the edges of the layer. This gives me more realistic cast shadows when viewing the card face-on. I also use heavier weight cardstock (110lb) to preserve the finer cuts of cardstock to ensure safe mailing.
How To Make This Die Cut Card
- On an A2 Panel of white cardstock, use Embossing Paste and Illusion Spiral Stencil to add a ‘Sunburst’ to the center of the background. Set aside to dry.
- On a new white panel of heavy cardstock, add a blended gradient of Frosty Pink Mixed Media Ink.
- On another white panel of heavy cardstock, ink smoosh Coral Berry, Ruby Red, and Grapevine. Use Iridescent Shimmer Ink Spray to suspend the mixed media ink and add shine.
- Use a heat tool to set the mixed media ink. Die cut all the layers following the Craft-a-Flower: Sunburst Azalea layering guide.
- For the leaves, use the same ink smooshing technique on watercolor paper. I used Green Fields Mixed Media Ink and Iridescent Shimmer Ink Spray, just as before.
- Die cut the leaves and assemble the floral arrangement on top of the embossing paste background.
- [Edit] The sentiment comes from Magnolia Ballerina Stamp Set. Fussy cut this sentiment after two-tone stamping in Warm and Cozy Ink. [/Edit]
- Add Rose Quartz splatters from the 14 Metallic Watercolor Pan Set.
- Add a coordinating sentiment and embellish with enamel dots.
Supplies You Need to Make This Card
Craft-a-Flower: Sunburst Azalea
Illusion Spiral Stencil
Red Cosmos Pigment Ink Bundle
Iridescent Shimmer Ink Spray
Green Fields Pigment Ink Bundle
Instant Dimension Foam Tape
Metallic Watercolor 14 Pan Set
What is the Craft-A-Flower Subscription?
Get the NEW Craft-A-Flower Monthly Subscription Plan NOW and never miss out on these trending die sets!
- Cancel anytime – no commitment!
- Pause and unpause your subscription whenever you want!
- Easy, hassle-free, smooth transaction!
- Get the NEW sets delivered straight to your doorstep every month!
How to Enter the Giveaway
$200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 03/13/2022 for a chance to win.
Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 03/15/2022.
Thank You for Visiting My Blog
I really appreciate you stopping by and participating in this blog hop. If you like what you’ve seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@jaycee.gaspar) and/or subscribing to my blog and YouTube if you haven’t already.
Please Visit LauraJane‘s Blog Next
55 thoughts on “Altenew Craft-A-Flower: Sunburst Azalea Release Blog Hop + Giveaway ($200 in total prizes)”