This post may contain affiliate links. Please help support my blog by using these links while shopping at no additional cost to you. For more information about the affiliate program, see my disclaimer here. Thank you!
With the Celebrating Parents Card Drive, Altenew’s goal is to send cards for the elderly that lives in nursing homes or shelters to let them know they’re not forgotten. Please encourage people to check out the Celebrating Parents Card Drive and join this great cause by sending in cards.
If you are following the blog hop order, you should have come from the Altenew Card Blog–thank you for visiting my blog.
If you want to relive the amazing Mother’s/Father’s Day Projects from the team of designers for this blog hop, head back over to the Altenew Card Blog or keep reading to find the complete blog list. Don’t miss the wonderful giveaway opportunities as well–more on that down below!
Celebrating Parents Card Drive Information
JOIN OUR CELEBRATING PARENTS CARD DRIVE 2022!
We will be collecting handmade cards between March 8th and April 20th, and each donor is eligible to win one of FIVE $30 Altenew gift certificates! If you use #AltenewCardDrive when you share your Celebrating Parents cards on social media, you are entered to win one of THREE additional $15 gift certificates! The winners will be announced on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8th, 2022.
Here are some important reminders and guidelines:
- Cards may be for Mother’s Day and/or Father’s Day. Sentiments should be generic – a specific greeting such as “so happy you’re my dad” wouldn’t really work.
- Please sign your name on the inside of each card. Feel free to include a note and where you are from.
- Note: Please avoid including any vulgar language, promotional material, or religious messages in your cards.
- Kindly put each card in an envelope and make sure they are not sealed.
- To enter the giveaway, please include a post-it note with your name and email address.
- We would love for you to use Altenew products, but of course, your cards may feature products from other companies!
- Send your cards to:
ATTN: Card Drive
3005 Milton Ave
Syracuse, NY 13209
If you have any questions or would like us to send cards to a local shelter or a nursing home near you, please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Celebrating Parents Card Drive.”
One Of A Kind Embroidered Cards
I caught the Pegboard Canvas Cover Die on a stand-alone die sale at Altenew (ALT). I longed for this die for a long time and I do not regret adding this die to my stash.
I have had a embroidery floss tucked into a dark corner of my craft room. Apparently I wanted to keep these as pristine as I could and never use them. I broke through that on both of these cards and now I have more space in my craft room for other things.
I followed no specific pattern when making both of these Mom and Dad cards. Both cards started and ended the same. However the stitching on both cards took a few hours. I sat on the couch in my craft room and enjoyed the repetition and the freedom to stitch whatever pattern felt right.
How To Make Embroidered Mom & Dad Cards
- Start with an ombré A2 sized panel of cardstock. I made color coordinating blends to my embroidery floss. These blends are smooth and silky thanks to the Large Ink Blending Brush.
- Die cut the ink blended panel with the Pegboard Canvas Cover Die.
- I used the full ply of thread to stich my patterns. Anything goes!
- Die cut the sentiment strip from Essential Sentiment Strips Die Set in gold mirror cardstock.
- Add the Mom or Dad sentiment with Caps Bold Alphabet Die Set.
Supplies You Need to Make This Card
Ink Blending Tool (Large)
Pegboard Canvas Cover Die
Caps Bold Alphabet Die Set
Essential Sentiment Strips Die Set
How to Enter the Giveaway
$200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 03/30/2022 for a chance to win.
Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 04/01/2022.
Thank You for Visiting My Blog
I really appreciate you stopping by and participating in this blog hop. If you like what you’ve seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@jaycee.gaspar) and/or subscribing to my blog and YouTube if you haven’t already.
Please Visit Hussena Calcuttawala‘s Blog Next