This post may contain affiliate links. Please help support my blog by using these links while shopping at no additional cost to you. For more information about the affiliate program, see my disclaimer here. Thank you!
Happy 8th Birthday, Altenew!
Hey everyone! It is the first day of a multi-day celebration for Altenew‘s 8th Birthday (ALT)! A few of my crafty friends, supportive crafting companies, and I are showcasing fun projects using our favorite Altenew supplies. If you are following the blog hop order, you should have come from the Simon Says Stamp Blog–thank you for visiting my blog!
If you want to relive the amazing projects from the first day of this celebration, head back over to the Altenew Card Blog or keep reading to find the complete blog list. Don’t miss the wonderful giveaway opportunities as well–more on that down below!
- Top Left: Craft-A-Flower: Carolina Allspice
- Top Right: Paint-A-Flower: Himalayan Poppy
- Bottom Left: Paint-A-Flower: Dahlia Bright Eyes
- Bottom Right: Craft-A-Flower: Sunburst Azalea
Graphite Botanical Illustration Gardenia
Gardenia Duo Stamp and Die Bundle has become one of my favorites over the years of fabulous Altenew releases. I have always loved the contrast of velvety blooms and shiny foliage. Not to mention the beautiful smell of gardenias in full bloom.
I have been trying to get in the ‘reel’ game with Instagram. I thought that since I was not making a voice-over video, I would try to make a short reel of the coloring for this flower. I used the Monochrome Shading Pencils to color this bloom. I also used blending stumps I got from a different pencil set I have had in my stash for a long time.
I let the greyscale blooms take center stage on my card and to juxtapose the velvet blooms and glossy foliage, I used this stark black cardstock to add to the drama of this card. The Gardenia Duo Stamp Set has a coordinating die, but I decided to fussy cut my flowers for a finished appearance.
How To Make Botanical Illustration Inspired Cards
- Stamp the rose and leaf images from Gardenia Duo Stamp Set in Limestone Crisp Dye Ink. I used a smooth white cardstock thin enough to fussy cut comfortably.
- Use the Monochrome Shading Pencils to meticulously color the stamped images. Leave plenty of white space and highlights for dramatic blooms and foliage.
- Die cut and stack the frame in New Day Card Kit Heart Frame Die Set in a dark grey cardstock.
- Fussy cut the images and arrange on a cream colored background.
- Add Sterling Silver splatters from the Metallic Watercolor Pan Set to the background.
- Foam mount a coordinating sentiment strip and floral elements.
Supplies You Need to Make This Card
Gardenia Duo Stamp and Die Bundle
Monochrome Shading Pencils
New Day Card Kit Heart Frame Die Set
Metallic Watercolor 14 Pan Set
Enjoy FREE U.S. shipping with code HAPPY8TH or $8 OFF international shipping with code ANNIV22 at checkout. Offer valid from 04/04/2022 at 12:01 am EDT through 04/06/2022 at 11:59 pm EDT. Not valid on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with other promo codes.
FREE All About Layering 7: Stencil Edition Online Cardmaking Class with every order. Offer valid from 04/04/2022 at 12:01 am EDT through 04/10/2022 at 11:59 pm EDT.
How to Enter the Giveaway
Over $1,900 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away a $80 Gift Certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy Online Class ($8.95 value) to 15 lucky winners. There are also 25 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 x $80 Altenew Gift Certificate
- Altenew Academy: 15 x Online Monthly Class Spot
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: Share Handmade Kindness Goodie Bag
- A Cherry on Top: $50 Gift Certificate
- Auzz Trinklets N Krafts: $50 Gift Certificate
- Avery Elle: $50 Gift Certificate
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 Gift Certificate
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 Gift Certificate
- CiLi in Papers: €75 Gift Certificate
- Concord & 9th: 1 $50 Gift Certificate & 1 Eclectic Garden Bundle ($38 Value)
- Dare 2B Artzy: $30 Gift Certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $25 Gift Certificate
- Gina K. Designs: $50 Gift Certificate
- Hero Arts: $50 Gift Certificate
- Lawn Fawn: $25 Gift Certificate
- MarkerPop: 4 x $40 Gift Certificate
- Michelle’s Cards & Stamps: AUD$100 Gift Certificate
- My Little Attic: $50 Gift Certificate
- My Sweet Petunia: $50 Gift Certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 Online Class Spots to 1 Winner
- Pink and Main: $50 Gift Certificate
- Pinkfresh Studio: $50 Gift Certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: $50 Gift Certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 certificate
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 Gift Certificate
- Studio Katia: $50 Gift Certificate
- Waffle Flower: $25 Gift Certificate
Be sure to leave comments by 4/13/2022 for a chance to win one of 49 prizes! To make the hop more exciting, start your comment with “Hi from (city or country where you’re from)!” 49 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on 4/21/2022.
Thank You for Visiting My Blog
I really appreciate you stopping by and participating in this blog hop. If you like what you’ve seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@jaycee.gaspar) and/or subscribing to my blog and YouTube if you haven’t already.
Please Visit Hussena Calcuttawala‘s Blog Next
376 thoughts on “Altenew 8th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 1 + Giveaway (over $1,900 in Total Prizes)”
Hi from PA !!! I love this card !!! Black and white are my favorite colors to work with . Thank you for sharing .
Hello from Jax, FL! I can’t get over how stunning and elegant your card is. Just gorgeous. TFS 😊
Greeeting from Seattle! The card is so elegant. Thank you for sharing.
Looks lovely in the black and white.
Hi from Indianapolis! I love this card! The simplicity of it is absolutely stunning. Thank you for a wonderful idea!
Hi from Michigan…love all of the flowers! You are an artist!!
Hello from North Carolina! Such a beautiful card!!
Hi from Montreal, Canada! Have been enjoy seeing your beautiful creations, thanks for sharing.
I adore all of your cards. I learn so much from your classes and blog posts.
So many florals, floral heaven. I’ve been creating with a lot of floral too lately. These are gorgeous
Hello from Seattle, Washington. That white and black card is amazing. I could really see the dimension on your instagram video. Your shading and fussy cutting were just perfect!
Hi from Ohio! Happy Anniversary to Altenew-these cards are so pretty!
Hi from Georgia. Wow! Your card is just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.
I thought the blue/purple card was my favorite. But then I saw the black&white rose. Stunning!! Just stunning
Hi from Ohio. Simply beautiful!
Woww.. Gorgeous Cards.. Love all your cards. ..
Good afternoon from Seaview Washington. Love your cards…
Hi from New Jersey! Inspirational as always, Jaycee.
Hi from Utah! Your cards are stunning!
Gorgeous! I never cease to be amazed at your talent. Your coloring is flawless!
Hello from San Anselmo, California…this black and white gardenia card caught my eye on the Altenew site…love the simplicity; it is so striking!