This post may contain affiliate links. Please help support my blog by using these links while shopping at no additional cost to you. For more information about the affiliate program, see my disclaimer here. Thank you!
Happy 8th Birthday, Altenew!
Hey everyone! It is the final day of a multi-day celebration for Altenew‘s 8th Birthday (ALT)! You may have joined me on the first day as an Altenew Design Team Member. Today, I am showcasing another project as an Altenew Certified Educator.
A few of my crafty friends, supportive crafting companies, and I are showcasing fun projects using our favorite Altenew supplies. If you are following the blog hop order, you should have come from the Fiona Duff–thank you for visiting my blog!
If you want to relive the amazing projects from the first day of this celebration, head back over to the Altenew Card Blog or keep reading to find the complete blog list. Don’t miss the wonderful giveaway opportunities as well–more on that down below!
- Top Left: Craft-A-Flower: Carolina Allspice
- Top Right: Paint-A-Flower: Himalayan Poppy
- Bottom Left: Paint-A-Flower: Dahlia Bright Eyes
- Bottom Right: Craft-A-Flower: Sunburst Azalea
Dahlia Alcohol Marker Coloring
Lately I have been experimenting with color mixing. I am fortunate to own all of the Altenew Artist Markers and I use that to my advantage to color these flowers. I created color combinations simply by using different hues and arranging them by darkest to lightest value.
The English Country Garden Artist Alcohol Markers contains Cotton Candy, Mango Smoothie, Peach Perfect. The three of these color families together make a beautiful tropical feeling flower that is bright and dynamic. On the second smaller flower, I added in Rouge from the same marker set for some variability.
To complete the shading, I used the Woodless Coloring Pencils. A little hint of blue hues adds just the right amount of interesting depth to the center of the flower and overlapping petals. I fussy cut the two flowers and arranged them on top of a simple background panel.
How To Make Botanical Illustration Inspired Cards
- Stamp the Paint-A-Flower: Dahlia Bright Eyes onto alcohol marker friendly cardstock in Permanent Black Ink.
- Die cut the Mid-Century Frame Die from gold cardstock. Add this to a Jet Black Ink Spray splattered background.
- Color the Paint-A-Flower: Dahlia Bright Eyes images according to the description above.
- Fussy cut and use Instant Dimension Foam Tape to raise the flowers in the middle of the die cut frame.
- Finally, add a coordinating sentiment from Paint-A-Flower: Dahlia Bright Eyes.
Supplies You Need to Make This Card
Paint-A-Flower: Dahlia Bright Eyes
Mid-Century Frame Die
Woodless Coloring Pencils
Altenew Artist Markers Set C
Receive Free Detailed Blending Brushes ($11.99 value) on orders over $89 from 04/07/2022 at 12:01 am EDT until 04/10/2022 at 11:59 pm EDT or while supplies last. The free gift will be added to cart automatically.
FREE All About Layering 7: Stencil Edition Online Cardmaking Class with every order. Offer valid from 04/04/2022 at 12:01 am EDT through 04/10/2022 at 11:59 pm EDT.
How to Enter the Giveaway
Over $1,900 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away a $80 Gift Certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy Online Class ($8.95 value) to 15 lucky winners. There are also 25 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 x $80 Altenew Gift Certificate
- Altenew Academy: 15 x Online Monthly Class Spot
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: Share Handmade Kindness Goodie Bag
- A Cherry on Top: $50 Gift Certificate
- Auzz Trinklets N Krafts: $50 Gift Certificate
- Avery Elle: $50 Gift Certificate
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 Gift Certificate
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 Gift Certificate
- CiLi in Papers: €75 Gift Certificate
- Concord & 9th: 1 $50 Gift Certificate & 1 Eclectic Garden Bundle ($38 Value)
- Dare 2B Artzy: $30 Gift Certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $25 Gift Certificate
- Gina K. Designs: $50 Gift Certificate
- Hero Arts: $50 Gift Certificate
- Lawn Fawn: $25 Gift Certificate
- MarkerPop: 4 x $40 Gift Certificate
- Michelle’s Cards & Stamps: AUD$100 Gift Certificate
- My Little Attic: $50 Gift Certificate
- My Sweet Petunia: $50 Gift Certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 Online Class Spots to 1 Winner
- Pink and Main: $50 Gift Certificate
- Pinkfresh Studio: $50 Gift Certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: $50 Gift Certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 certificate
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 Gift Certificate
- Studio Katia: $50 Gift Certificate
- Waffle Flower: $25 Gift Certificate
Be sure to leave comments by 4/13/2022 for a chance to win one of 49 prizes! To make the hop more exciting, start your comment with “Hi from (city or country where you’re from)!” 49 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on 4/21/2022.
Thank You for Visiting My Blog
I really appreciate you stopping by and participating in this blog hop. If you like what you’ve seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@jaycee.gaspar) and/or subscribing to my blog and YouTube if you haven’t already.
Please Visit Amy Hill‘s Blog Next
116 thoughts on “Altenew 8th Anniversary Blog Hop Day 5 + Giveaway (over $2,000 in Total Prizes)”
Hi from Ohio. Love the background and the coloring of this pretty Dahlia.
Hi from Dublin, Ireland! So absolutely beautiful, I love your creations.
Hi from Janesville, WI! Love your card!
Hi from northwest Alabama! Beautiful floral cards….all so different and creative! Thanks for sharing AND happy 8th birthday to Altenew!
Hi from GA. Love how you colored the flowers. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.
Hello from Northern Kentucky! Beautiful card as are all your beautiful creations!
Hi from NH! What a great way to celebrate! Love these blog hops. Happy Anniversary to Altenew! Beautiful cards Jaycee! Love floral images! The coloring is amazing on the dahlia Thanks for the inspiration!
Hi from NY! Jaycee, the ways you add color to your makes and your attention to detail are amazing. You make it seem so effortless, and easy to replicate, but I think it would take me hours to get similar results. Thank you for the inspiration!
Hi from NJ! Another brilliant use of the midcentury frame die, not to mention the inspired coloring.
Stunning! Hi from St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Hi from Texas. Happy 8th anniversary Altenew! Stunning cards as always! I really like the added layers of dimension colored pencils can bring to the images.
Nice project share for the set. Good look at combining the colors and a design for the elements.
You did a great job mixing colours. Such beautiful results.
Hi from Illinois. Your dahlia is beautiful. You really have a talent for color.
Hi, from Wakefield, RI, USA! As always, this is so gorgeous! Your coloring is fabulous!