This post may contain affiliate links. Please help support my blog by using these links while shopping at no additional cost to you. For more information about the affiliate program, see my disclaimer here. Thank you!
Hey everyone! It’s the 22nd of the month, which means my crafty friends and I are joining Altenew for the brand new Paint-a-Flower: Dahlia Bright Eyes (ALT) and Blog Hop! Thanks so much to Isha Gupta for relaying you over to my blog.
If you want to relive the amazing project ideas from the team of designers for this release, head back over to the Altenew Card Blog or keep reading to find the complete blog list. Don’t miss the wonderful giveaway opportunities as well–more on that down below!
February 2022 Paint-a-Flower: Dahlia Bright Eyes
Simple Statement Botanical Watercolor Dahlia Card
I modeled my Dahlia painting after the Dahlia ‘Bright Eyes’ Cultivar. I wanted to capture the radiant fuchsia petal borders with a sun ray yellow gradient. I chose this color palette so that the interior of the flower felt inviting and evoked the feeling of warmth.
The January 2022 Paint-a-Flower: Camellia Waterhouse featured a large outline stamp, just like the new February 2022 Paint-a-Flower. I hope that Altenew continues this trend of larger outline images as I think they are a great way to practice botanical watercolor. This ensures that you can also add in a fair amount of detail to each petal for a realistic look.
How To Make This Botanical Watercolor Card
- On Hot Press Watercolor Paper cut slightly larger than 4.25X5.5 inches, stamp the large floral outline image in Limestone Crisp Dye Ink.
- I used the Artists Watercolor Brush Set-Detailed to paint my images. My palette of choice was the Watercolor 36 Pan Set.
- After the painting dried, I added in fine pencil details with the Woodless Coloring Pencils to add more striations to the petals.
- I added Jet Black Ink Spray splatters to fill in the empty spaces around the blooms
- Lastly, add a coordinating sentiment in Obsidian Pigment Ink.
Supplies You Need to Make This Card
Paint-A-Flower: Dahlia Bright Eyes
Limestone Crisp Dye Ink
Artists’ Watercolor Brushes-Detailed
Watercolor 36 Pan Set
Arches Hot Pressed 10X14″ Pad
Obsidian Pigment Ink
Woodless Coloring Pencils
Jet Black Ink Spray
What is the Paint-A-Flower Subscription?
Get our Newly released Paint-a-Flower Outline Stamp Set each month at a discounted price when you subscribe to our Paint-a-Flower Monthly Subscription Plan!
Don’t worry if the set goes out of stock! When you are subscribed to the monthly subscription, you are guaranteed a spot in our New Paint-a-Flower Outline Stamp Set each month.
- If you are subscribing to the Paint-a-Flower (PAF) Subscription today or an already subscribed member, please DO NOT order this month’s PAF.
- This subscription will only accept credit card as a mode of payment.
- Promo codes do not apply to this subscription.
- This subscription will be open to new subscribers from the 22nd of the current month to the 18th of the following month and will be closed on the 19th-21st of the following month.
How to Enter the Giveaway
$200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 02/27/2022 for a chance to win.
Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 03/01/2022.
Thank You for Visiting My Blog
I really appreciate you stopping by and participating in this blog hop. If you like what you’ve seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@jaycee.gaspar) and/or subscribing to my blog and YouTube if you haven’t already.
Please Visit LauraJane‘s Blog Next